Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Little History:

Simons story started on March 11, 2011,

Our family was turned on it's head that day. Simon had been having some headaches and sleep disturbance for about a month and I fought with myself as a mother as to should I or shouldn't I take him to the pediatrician.

I had just switched our pediatrician and made an appointment for Friday. On Thursday Simon came home from pre-school with a stiff neck. Friday morning he woke up and could not walk straight.
I was so panicked inside I wanted to throw up.

So our appointment came and we were admitted immediately. That was about 10 am by 8pm after MRI I had the results.

Simon had a tumor in his brain as well as along his entire spinal cord. After much crying and trying to put on some kind of straight face.

The Docs came and Simon was in surgery by midnight to try to remove the part of tumor that was compressing his spinal cord.



No comments:

Post a Comment